Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the white film in your mouth that appears after brushing?

I don't have any problems with hygiene. I brush and mouthwash after every meal. I also brush before bed every night. It doesn't matter what time of day I brush this film always appear. Sometimes I skip using mouthwash just to see if this would make a difference. I asked my dentist what it could be but I'm still unclear. I was told people who are lactose intolerant or who have acid reflux have this problem. So, what exactly is it?|||some people react to the sodium lauryl sulphate or other ingredient in the toothpaste - try switching to one that is SLS free such as ProNamel by Sensodyne. The white film is probably surface skin cells sloughing off.|||are u using a mouth rinse that contains alcohol, that might be a problem, all the tissue in the inside part of your mouth is cover by a very sensitive to heath, cold, acids and other substances, and what it does is to shed cells that in a couple of minutes will turn into a white sticky film, this is not plaque, don麓t worry.


switch to a rinse w-o alcohol, and use the new Colgate 12 professional clean, works great, and i been recommending it to my patients since it release|||could just be residue from the toothpaste or something? or maybe its your tongue reacting to the toothpaste... i dunno really. if you have white bits on your tongue all the time it could be a yeast infection (oral thrush). that requires a trip to the doctor for medicine. But it doesnt sound like that because you only get it after brushing. I get this if i eat too much salt and vinegar crisps... my tongue goes white lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment