Thursday, December 15, 2011

If you could time-travel to anytime in the past with a video camera, what would you film?

To make things even more interesting there are three rules:





1. You will only be able to spend five minutes in the past.


2. You will only be able to film five minutes of video.


3. You cannot interact, interfere with, or change past events.





What point in time would you go to, and why?


What would you film, and why?





I'll offer my own answer as an example:


I think I'd probably go to ancient Egypt and film how the great pyramids were built because it's one of the most mysterious of the man-made wonders of the world. Modern science offers many explanations as to how they did it, but how close are they to the facts? It would be interesting to find out. We could be very surprised.|||I'd go to the time when Jesus walked the Earth. I'd film one of His sermons. Wouldn't that be awesome!





ps. I don't think you would find out how the pyramids were built, in just 5 minutes. I also think they used the Hebrew slaves to build the pyramids, and that the Egyptian civilization suddenly collapsed after the plagues mentioned in the Bible, and the slaves were freed (led by Moses).|||I would go back to where the 1st person was created. I would begin filming the first minute before there was a person and then the 4 minutes that the first person was created.|||That's a great question! I would go to the moment when man or men figured out how to use fire. That first flicker of creative, intelligent action that would've triggered all the achievements of men after their first walk on two legs.|||Good example - - - having a European bent and a British bias I would opt for the erection of Stonehenge midway through the project just as one of the largest stone pillars is put into place.





Peace....|||I would go to pagan England, to when Stonehenge was built and film that. I chose this because Stonehenge is such a mystery, no one knows who built it or why, and when I visited it, I got this really peaceful 'i belong here' kind of feeling, mixed with a bit of olde world magic feel. It would have been magnificent!|||I would film the comet or asteroid that struck the Caribbean by what is now the Yuccatan peninsula that ended the Cretaceous period (i.e., the beginning of the extinction of the dinosaurs). It would be the largest explosion ever seen by humans.|||God, I can't believe nobody wrote this before me! One of the greatest mysteries in American history!





The JFK assassination. while Zapruter is shooting his famous recording from the front, I would be across the street videotaping the grassy knoll looking for the second shooter|||I would in recent history go and see the construction of Taj Mahal, because its such a beauty...


OR


I would like to go and ask Monalisa "Who are you?" record that on film and end the mystery of her existance for ever.


Her smile and her postion and identity are all under suspicion,,,





TW K|||Very Original question. However we have a much better understanding today about how the pyramids were built. (which would also have been my answer a few years ago)





So this is when, where and why I would go:





Ancient Rome, 70 BC, the Theatre of Pompey. Had it survived, it may well have been considered a wonder of the world.





The largest theatre ever built and probably the first permanent theatre built without the use of earthworks to build upon. The Theatre of Pompey was larger then the Colosseum.





By about 500 to 600AD it was half buried by debris, then what remained above ground was eventually dismantled for building newer structures with Christian Rome. What was left was used as foundations for centuries worth of buildings covering several city blocks in the city of Rome.





I would spend the 5 minutes filming as much of the structure as possible as we do not have a true idea of what it looked like as no illustrations exist from that time period.|||I would be there for the ambush of Bonnie %26amp; Clyde!





The six-man posse - long dead now - all left conflicting accounts of what REALLY happened on that morning of May 23, 1934.The details of the circumstances leading up to the bloody ambush still remain shrouded in mystery to this very day, as historians continue to try and piece together the real truth. Much will NEVER be known!

No comments:

Post a Comment