Thursday, December 15, 2011

How can i tell difference between darkroom film and regular store developing film??

So I am starting photography class where we will be developing film in a darkroom. My problem is I dont know how to tell the difference between the film you buy and use and return to the store to develop, and the film you use and develop yourself in a dark room. I dont want to buy the wrong stuff. I need the film you develop in the dark room. I am using a 35 mm camera and I need black and white film used in dark rooms. Help??|||Films are not developed in a dark room, but in a dark tank. After, you enlarge them into paper in a dark room. For tank developping you can use any black and white film except the ones for c41 or other color automatic processes. For the dark room, all of them|||I am guessing that the darkroom is set up only to process conventional black and white films so avoid any that say "Process C-41" or just ask the instructor for recommendations. Avoid Ilford XP-2 and Kodak BW400CN. For starter films I like Ilford HP-5+ and Kodak Tri-X. (Note that all 35mm films can now be processed in a school darkroom but the C-41 films require different chemicals and better technique.)|||There is no difference. They type of process needed to develop the film is usually written on the film package. It should say C-41, D76, or E-6.





Traditional black and white film is developed using D76, Rodinal, or some equivalent. Just don't by the film that says C-41 on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment