Thursday, December 15, 2011

What do you use in a dishwasher to stop a white film on dishes.?

We have hard water so when ever I wash dishes in dishwasher it always leaves a white film crap on dishes. I tried vinegar but leaves the dishes smelling like it.. anyone have any suggestions.|||Befoe I moved to a house where I could have soft water, I put in 1/2 cup of baking soda, which softens the water beautifully.


Many water conditioning companies have what is called "exchange tank" service. Mine runs me $27 per month for delivery of one tank twice a month. I can't deal with the super-hard (23gr hardness) water we have here. Get the service; your clothes will thank you, it will make your cleaning much easier, and you'll save on detergent, soap and shampoo. Also, you won't get lime buildup in your pipes, showerhead, dishwasher, or faucets.


Try Rayne, Servisoft, or (choke!), Culligan.|||there is a new product out that totally solves this problem. it fits under the sink and actually filters the water going into your dishwasher. you can get it at www.dishwasherfilter.com. i was so happy with the result and it is very affordable. you will be happy you got this product.

Report Abuse


|||U have to use jet dry in the dishwasher, and try cascade for hard water spots it works wonders. but make sure u put jet dry in the dishwasher once a month usually takes the whole bottle so u need to do that like clock work or u will be back to square one...|||Use jet dry. It works wonders with hard water .|||Go to the dish soap section of your supermarket and you will find several good products for this purpose. Follow directions on the container.





Another thing you can do is open the door after the last rinse fills up and pour in 1/2 cup white vinegar. It is hard to remember to do this. You might want to set a time clock.





When your dishwasher is running, try not to turn on water in the rest of your home such as take a shower.|||I'm so old- fashioned (Hey, I was raised by my all spanish speaking grandmother) I just use my hands and towel dry.. even when I own a dishwasher. But my friend uses jet-dry and that works pretty good, even with hard water. If that doesn't work get some water softner.

No comments:

Post a Comment