Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to upload my film from my video camera on to my computer?

I have a panasonic video camera the model is a VDR-D230. I really want to upload my film on to the computer. I have been trying to do this for about 4 months. Im so frustrated!! I cant use a firewire cause it wont even hook up to my video camera. So I have been using the one that it came with. Anyways I have the disc in the camera and thats when I use the USB cord. Everytime I put it in, and turn the camera on. This file pops up. Of course I double clicked on it and nothing happens. A program did come with it. But it isnt much help. I know I have asked this question before. But if anyone could just please help me..?|||Usually the problem with connecting video camera to a PC are the driver issues. If your video camera comes with a user's manual check the driver installation procedure you maybe doing something wrong. Follow the step by step installation procedure indicated in the User's Manual of your VDR. Check also in the manual what the system requirement of the PC for your video camera. If your are using Windows XP check in the manual if the OS requirement is XP Home or Professional furthermore check if it requires SP1 or SP2. Now check your PC go to Systems tab and see if the OS are of the same requirement as that of your Video Camera. If your video camera is new then maybe the system requirement is for Windows Vista if it is then check the companion CD of your Video Cam if the XP drivers for the Video Cam was included in the CD. If the drivers for XP was not included then contact Panasonic to have them provide you with the necessary XP drivers. You should also check the USB version requirement of your Video Cam sometimes new VDR requires USB 2.0 and cannot be used for USB 1.1 if this should be the case if your PC is desktop all you have to do is buy a PCI card with USB 2.0 and install it in one of the vacant PCI slot of your PC. However, if your PC is a laptop and the USB is still 1.1 then you have no other alternative but to buy an external video capture device for USB 1.1 and use the RCA cable (red, white, yellow cables) to plug your VDR to the capture device and encode your images to your PC using the external capture device. If what you are trying to extract from your VDR are still images then check the format of your images being saved by your VDR it maybe *.jpg, *.tga, *.tiff, *.bmp, etc. configure your windows media player or Quicktime media player to recognize said file format.





If all else fails then go to the nearest Panasonic service to have your unit checked and have them assist you in retrieving your image or video file.|||try taking disc out putting in small cutout in you cd tray.


vista is not the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment